TOWN OF THUNDERBOLT 2017 MUNICIPAL ELECTION CANDIATES
The election for Mayor and six (6) Aldermen will be held Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Thunderbolt Community Improvement Association will Host a Council Forum
Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 7:00PM in Town Hall
Join them in meeting all the candidates to discuss initiatives and ask questions!
OFFICE OF MAYOR
Anna Maria Thomas
Edward Drohan, PhD
Al Henderson, Jr.
John Cheeks (Withdrawn)
The deadline for registering to vote in this election is October 10, 2017.
To obtain information on absentee voting, contact:
Chatham County Voter Registration Office
1117 Eisenhower Drive, Suite E
PO Box 13757
Savannah, GA 31416
Phone (912) 790-1520 Fax (912) 790-1519
Chatham County is hosting a Coastal Georgia Indication Coalition meeting: Make your voice heard! Join us for the upcoming Community Conversation October 16th from 6-7:30pm in Thunderbolt.
HURRICANE IRMA UPDATES
Stay up to date with Hurricane Information at Chatham Emergency Management Association's website: http://www.chathamemergency.org/index.php
Get local updates on the Town's Neighborhood Watch Social Media Site: https://nextdoor.com/invite/xgjdcstlwdxtnhdgwbmh
- September's Council Meeting has been rescheduled to the October 11, 2017 Council Meeting
Debris Clean Up
Garbage and Yard Debris pickup will be starting Wednesday, September 12, 2017 at 6:00AM. Please place trash carts only at the street at this time. The cart placement ordinance will not be in effect during Hurricane Irma Clean Up. Those that have back door service, leave carts as usual.
Thunderbolt Residents will be working hard to get the community cleaned up as they return, please be mindful of your neighbors and utilize the following information:
- During debris clean up, please safely place yard debris on the Town right of ways
- Do not cover meter boxes or place near mailbox
- Do not place in the roadways
- Do not mix white goods such as furniture or construction debris with yard debris
- For small yard debris such as leaves and moss please place in yard waste bags for easy pick up or place in yard debris trash carts. (Call Town Hall 912.354.5533 for a Yard Debris Cart, leave message)
- Do not put yard debris in regular trash or recycling carts
- For large tree removal please cut tree limbs and safely stack along the right of ways
Thunderbolt Library Closure
The Library Board of Trustees has voted to close the Thunderbolt Library at their Regional Board Meeting, September 26, 2017. Mayor and Council will be working with residents and Thunderbolt Library Supporters on future use of the building.
Click here for Library Board of Trustees
Click image for 2017 Tax Digest and 5 Year History of Levy
See Planning and Zoning Page for
River Drive District Information